Re: Introducing Quickshot

Benjamin Humphrey wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'd just like to introduce Quickshot
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-manual/quickshot>[1], a sub-project of
> UMP (Ubuntu Manual Project) that I've recently started.

This is a nice idea, however I'd rather see it implemented in a plugin
in Shutter (package: shutter) than as a standalone app.

Also FYI you can launch any application in another language in Ubuntu
without logging out provided you have the proper language pack/support
installed.

To list all languages do:
locale -a

To launch in another language do (example):
LANG=fr_CA.utf8 cheese

Maybe that can be used to at least get the translators started for now.
I haven't followed this topic lately but at Canonical support we use a
VM with the standard theme and a default install for all screenshots, so
they remain consistent. This also meant choosing a default username for
all installs.

Cheers,

--
Fabián Rodríguez