Re: Feedback for 48 hours

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:56:21AM +1300, Benjamin Humphrey wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> So as most of you should know, not only was 48 hours a chance for us to
> actually get some stuff done and teach new people about the manual project,
> but it was also a chance to test out some new stuff, like ClassBot, Lernid,
> Ground Control etc.
>
> I've told the heads of these projects that I'd get some feedback from our
> team, both the teachers and the students, and then email a summary to them.
> So, if anyone has any bugs, feature requests, questions or anything to do
> with Lernid, ClassBot or Ground Control, please reply to this thread with
> your feedback and I'll make sure it gets to the right place!
>

> Cheers,
> --
> Benjamin Humphrey
>
> Ubuntu Manual Project Leader
> Dunedin, New Zealand
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-manual
> www.interesting.co.nz

I gave a talk using an irssi script based on Stuart Langridge's XChat
one [0], and was pretty pleased with how it went. It's not something I'd
done before, and I think it went really well.

ClassBot did come in quite handy. One thing I would suggest is perhaps
not requiring the !q before !y, since I was in the -chat channel too, I
could see the questions as they came, and the !q didn't really show me
anything new.

I did also use Lernid to some extent. Unfortunately, the times fell very
badly for me and I only really managed to catch my own talks. What I saw
of it (and today's 0.6(?) release) looks awesome. I'm sure this is
already on the todo list, but making it easy to give talks through
Lernid too would be cool, and so would integrating ClassBot support.

I'm a pretty heavy command line user, so I haven't really given Ground
Control a shot yet, but, especially for a project like ours where you
don't have to be a hardcore command line user, it's another brilliant
tool. The features all seem pretty handy there too.

[0] http://www.kryogenix.org/days/2009/08/31/delivering-talks-by-irc-an-xchat-plugin

--
Josh "dutchie" Holland <jrh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.joshh.co.uk/