Re: "do not translate this" note

Hey, Martin.

2010/4/8 Martin Lukeš <martin.meridius@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Kevin
> I'd like to ask about translating.
> At the beginning of the manual there are few strings with "do not translate
> this" note. For example just this one
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu-manual/lucid-e1/+pots/ubuntu-manual/cs/1/+translate
> Here draws my attention the {en} part.
> Most of the following strings are tempting as well.
>
> So should we for example alter the {en} for {cs} or not?
> And if not. Are we suppose to leave these strings alone with no translation
> at all. Or could we copy the original text as translation, so it could be no
> more between untranslated strings.

You should not translate that string.  If you like, you can accept the
original string as the 'translation' so that it doesn't sit around as
'untranslated' the entire time.

That string in particular sets the default language if there is no
other language specified. The Makefile will set the appropriate
language code at compile-time.

Other strings that have been marked as 'do not translate' are usually
modified at compile-time, as well.

--Kevin