Re: New style guide

'allo.

2010/4/10 Martin Lukeš <martin.meridius@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Kevin
> I have a question ... again. ;)

Great! :)

> This time it is about \newglossaryentry command.
>>
>> \newglossaryentry{⟨keyword⟩}{name={⟨term⟩}, description={⟨definition⟩}
>
> I'd like to know if we really shouldn't translate "keyword".
> And what is the difference between the "keyword" and a "term".

The ⟨keyword⟩ is actually a label used internally by LaTeX to link the
\newglossaryentry and the \gls commands.  It should be left
untranslated as I think LaTeX may not like non-ASCII characters in the
label.  The ⟨keyword⟩ itself never appears in the text, just the
⟨term⟩.

Also, while it may not appear in the glossary entries in English, if
your language forms plurals of the words using some other mechanism
than simply appending an 's' to the end of the word, you'll want to
add plural=⟨plural form⟩.  Something like:

  \newglossaryentry{cherry}{name={cherry}, description={A small, red,
tasty fruit that is often baked in pies.}, plural={cherries}}

This allows us to use the \glspl{cherry} command in the text:

  I like \gls{cherry} pie.  \Gls{cherry} pie contains lots of \glspl{cherry}.

produces:

  I like cherry pie. Cherry pie contains lots of cherries.

I hope that helps clear things up a bit.  Let me know if you have
further questions.  (The glossary stuff is a bit more complicated and
can be rather confusing.)

> BTW you have the old directory/chapter organization in Style Guide.

Ah, I fixed that the other day but apparently forgot to upload the new
PDF.  I've done that now.

Thanks!

--Kevin