Tabula rasa

Hey, guys.

Before we all get started on updating the lucid-e2 branch, I wanted to
run an idea by you.  I'm hoping that those more experienced with
bzr/Launchpad can help.

Right now, our branch is over 150 MB in size. The actual size of the
source files required to build the manual is less than a megabyte.

Many of the files in the branch are either no longer needed or don't
belong there.  The website has been moved to its own repository, for
instance.

Unfortunately, when you delete a file, it seems that its history is
still kept in the repository and when someone branches the repository,
that history must be downloaded, too.

I propose that we create a completely new branch -- with no history
and no files -- and then copy the requisite files from the lucid-1e-en
branch (which is where the latest edits are) into this new branch.

Is there a better way to handle this situation?  (I admit I'm not that
familiar with bzr.)

Thanks for your help!

--Kevin

Follow ups