Re: Docs Team and Ubuntu Manual Project: Toward future cooperation

Hi Martin,

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Martin Owens <doctormo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It appears for all the world like a team bogged down in it's own very
> heavy bureaucracy, historical and legacy technical implementation and an
> old school approach to contributor involvement which is not engaging.
>
> What we have from the docs is not sufficient, not the material nor the
> social community with which the implementation is built around.

This is a swingeing and general statement. I don't think that is
constructive, and it's more than a little insulting to those who are
doing their best to do the right thing with limited time and
resources.

For my part, I was hoping to provoke a very constructive discussion
with my post about specific improvements that can be made and ways for
collaboration. I think that Kevin's post had the same intention. Let's
stick to that.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org