Re: Docs Team and Ubuntu Manual Project: Toward future cooperation

The ubuntu-manual guys have been very successful in getting screenshots
into the docs. It's a lead that ubuntu-docs should follow, so long as we
don't go overboard and start (over-)using screenshots in inappropriate
places. I think we should work on cracking this particular issue once
and for all this release cycle.
Hi,

Can I give a +1 for use of images, one of the ones I was interested doing
was installing LAMP, in the meantime, there are people having problems, the
sooner a couple of simple screen-shots can be included the better. I was
going to do a 1 hour presentation on it, except that it takes all of 10
minutes to do.

Yes, we do have to make allowances for those who do not have internet access
speeds / limits to allow the downloading of many images, so we must bear
those in mind. Can the docs team also have a look at Rule508 that does
require an explanation is put into the <alt tag> ?

http://www.section508.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=content&ID=12#Web

That will, possibly drag all the documentation together.

I've cc'd this discussion to the accessibilty mailing list, as I have not
seen any mention of it and I do think it is important that these needs are
considered.

Just my $0.02

Regards,

Phill,