Re: Becoming an Editor

Hey, Scott.

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Scott Onsum <scottonsum@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've recently become interested in becoming a writer for the Ubuntu Manual,
> I love Ubuntu and I'd love to help others by giving them an easy reference
> guide to get Ubuntu to work for them (I know how frustrating that can be).
> I know I'm awfully late for the 10.04 manual, but I thought I'd sign up now
> so I would be all set up for the 10.10 version.
> I hope that I can be of assistance,

Welcome to the team!

We're planning to release a second edition of the 10.04 manual at the
end of July.  So our primary task right now is to find all the bugs in
the first edition: typos, factual errors, grammatical errors,
formatting bugs, etc.  The best way to help there is to sit down with
a copy of the first edition and start filing bugs.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop in to #ubuntu-manual and ask.

--Kevin Godby