Re: Help with the Ubuntu Translations Quickstart booklet

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 16:05 +0200, David Planella wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> At UDS we run a session and registered a blueprint on providing more
> learning content for the translations community [1].
>
> One of the points we discussed was to create a booklet on how to get
> started with translating Ubuntu, and Benjamin told us that the Manual
> team could help us producing the booklet given some content.
>
> I've now completed an initial version of this short guide, and I would
> like to ask for your help in reviewing and producing the output for the
> booklet.
>
> I've used docbook as source, and it is available at:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~dpm/ubuntu-translations-quickstart/trunk
>
> To make it easier to have a quick look at, I've also generated a very
> raw html page (no CSS, nothing fancy) at:
>
> http://people.ubuntu.com/~dpm/ubuntu-translations-quickstart/translations-quickstart-test-out.html
>
> I'll welcome any comments (or fixes, I'm not a native speaker) on the
> structure or content as well. Your feedback will be very appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> David.
>
> [1]
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-m-translations-community-learning-content

The team mad a start and there is now a draft it is very rough and needs
some styling. I have started a branch
lp:~ubuntu-manual/ubuntu-translations-quickstart/booklet please have a
look and see what you think.

regards

Luke Jennings
(jenkins on #freenode)