Re: Starting work on the Maverick edition

Hi there,

i would disagree, that justified (Blocksatz) would always look better
from a typographical point of view. As we can't use microtype in
xetex/xelatex optical edge balancing (optischer Randausgleich) is not
supported (experimental it is).

The Tufte Style (and just in the moment i have to read tuftes
cognitive style of powerpoint) with ragged right (Flattersatz rechts)
helps achieve a good "grey tone" (Grauwert). So I would agree that the
ragged right is something not often used, but there should be no
negative impact on readability.

A typo and translation thing would be the correct (language specific)
use of quotation marks, therefore i suggest to switch to polyglossia
and use csquotes (\enquote{} in the translations).

best wishes,
christoph

--
Christoph Pfeiffer, M.A.