Help! - Ubuntu Manual Project needs you!

Dear Members of the Ubuntu Manual Project,

It is now 10th October 2010 and the Maverick edition of Ubuntu was released
today. You may have (or not) noticed that the 10.10 edition of Ubuntu Manual
has NOT been released yet. With any luck we can get it complete within the
next couple of weeks. To achieve this goal we will need your help! Even if
it is just for a few minutes here and there. I know that life is busy.

*What we need help with*

   - Proof Reading -

   We have a pre-release pdf of the manual that you can download to use to
   aid with this task. The more people that help with this the quicker it can
   be completed. Even if you only help a little bit, that is still really
   useful. Now that 10.10 has been released we can easily check what has
   changed.

Download it here ->
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/382986/ubuntu-manual/UbuntuManual.html

I will update this file daily (Providing changes have been made to the
source branch).

If you find incorrect information / omissions / errors then please log them
as bugs on launchpad. If you are capable, you can also fix them in the
source branch. I think there is information on how to do this on
http://ubuntu-manual.org/getinvolved

Bugs can be filed here -> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-manual

How are we going to keep track of who is doing what? ->
http://pad.ubuntu-uk.org/ump-10-10-pr-log
Ideally I would like each part of the manual checked by at least 2 people.

   - Maverick Screen-shots (with Quickshot) -

All the screen-shots are currently for 10.04. These need to be reviewed and
updated. If you know quickshot it would be great if you could help with
this.

*What to do if you need help or advice*

Usually there is somebody in the IRC channel that is willing to help.

IRC Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #ubuntu-manual

If that doesn't work, you can always reply to this e-mail [?]

Thanks in advance for your continued help and support.
Chris Woollard

GIF image