Re: \ or \\

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 3:28 AM, lafeber-dumoleyn2
<lafeber-dumoleyn2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Now this is funny. In one string in LP I have removed the second \ where
> there were two and I have added a code with one \. When I copy the string to
> Lokalize I see this:
> \application{Nautilus}, where '\a' are green. In LP I have also added
> \keystroke{Ctrl+T} (one \). This gets a double green \ in Lokalize.
> Can you still follow me?
> Experimenting is fun, as long as you understand what is going on. And here I
> am a bit at a loss. I think copying and pasting make things a bit
> complicated. For the moment I think I should NOT remove the second \ in LP
> when it is put there by copying and pasting.

When I looked at some existing translations in Launchpad, they only
showed the one \.

The reason the backslashes get doubled is because \<some character>
usually has a special meaning in .po files (for instance, \n means
'new line').  So to get an actual backslash, you have to use \\.

I'm not sure how the color-coding is handled in Lokalize.

--Kevin