Re: \ or \\

Op 25-01-11 01:04, Kevin Godby schreef:
Hey, Hannie.

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 9:17 AM, lafeber-dumoleyn2
<lafeber-dumoleyn2@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi,
Latex code is preceded by "\" e.g. \marginnote{}, but when I edit in gedit
another "\" is added.
Does it make any difference if there is "\" or "\\"?
It does make a difference.  While the source file for LaTeX will have
\marginnote{}, the po file has to double each backslash so it would
appear as \\marginnote{}.

If you're editing the po files directly, then you'll see the double
backslashes.  In Launchpad, it handles the doubling behind the scenes.

--Kevin

Now this is funny. In one string in LP I have removed the second \ where there were two and I have added a code with one \. When I copy the string to Lokalize I see this: \application{Nautilus}, where '\a' are green. In LP I have also added \keystroke{Ctrl+T} (one \). This gets a double green \ in Lokalize.
Can you still follow me?
Experimenting is fun, as long as you understand what is going on. And here I am a bit at a loss. I think copying and pasting make things a bit complicated. For the moment I think I should NOT remove the second \ in LP when it is put there by copying and pasting.