10.10 Maverick Manual Freeze Date Announced - 11.04 Natty Ubuntu Manual Milestones Announced

All,

* At today's Ubuntu-Manual meeting, a string freeze for the Maverick 10.10
Ubuntu Manual was set for *May 14, 2011*.
*All Maverick Authors and Editors* should be in the mode of completing their
final revisions in anticipation of this date.  If you need assistance in
completing your Maverick content or copy edits, please email me.

* At the same meeting, Milestones for the upcoming Natty 11.04 Ubuntu Manual
were announced.

Natty Milestone Description Date
M0 Natty Branch Active
      5/21/2011
M1         lock down what needs to change (1 week)
  5/28/2011
M2         all sections are in, at least with stub content (week 5)
  6/25/2011
M3         copy writing complete (week 10)
      7/30/2011
M4         content freeze (copyediting / screenshots done) (week 13)
8/20/2011
M5          release (final bug testing done) (week 15)
  9/03/2011

Obviously, the team would like to pull these dates forward and will, based
on content completion.

While I have made the 11.04 assignments, there is still plenty of work that
can be done.
Do not hesitate to reach out to anyone on the team with suggestions.

** 11.04 Authors, you need not wait for the Natty Branch activation
date!* You may begin your content preparations now.  You may work with
your Editor
coordinate beginning now.  And, as always, for questions or concerns, please
see me.

And, Thanks to all for helping to get us to the Maverick Freeze Date.

Rick Fosburgh

rickfosb - Editor in Chief

Follow ups