Re: Lenses

2011/8/11 lafeber-dumoleyn2 <lafeber-dumoleyn2@xxxxxxxxx>

> Hi John,
> I like this proposal of yours. We can treat it as a checklist; each
> subject should be handled by the person who is responsible for the
> section where that specific subject is to be described.
> I would like to add one thing to this list: lenses. This is a new
> feature in Unity and should be explained.
> Here is a description I found on the web:
> New in Unity
> Lenses are a specialized way of viewing your applications and documents.
> By default, there are two lenses already on the Unity launcher; they’re
> located near the bottom, just above the trash can.  The first is for
> Applications, the other for Files & Folders.  Clicking on one of them
> reveals that lens in the Dash.
> Greets,
> Hannie

Good to mention. I' ve covered Applications in "Applications " section, and
Files & Folders in "Browsing files on your computer", so i guess that we are
essentially ok.

To be honest i did't new that Applications and Files & Folders menus, are
named "lenses" and i don't think we have add this term to the book, from the
aspect that it rather confuses the reader with more terms than it helps them
to understand the GUI of Ubuntu.

Cheers !
--John