Re: \application{}, yes or no

IMO:

The use should be limited (so as to make the index useful).  I would agree
with John that it should be limited to the section that describes the
application (if there is one), and then only in sections where the
application is integral to the topic at hand.

I suspect we need to review the index and weed out the extra page
listings...

Rick.