Fwd: Launchpad: Final reminder about ubuntu-manual's PPAs

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Steve Kowalik" <steve.kowalik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Nov 21, 2011 6:22 PM
Subject: Launchpad: Final reminder about ubuntu-manual&apos;s PPAs
To: <humphreybc@xxxxxxxxx>

On 2011-11-23 we will be changing the membership policy of your Launchpad
team ubuntu-manual to moderated. This is following the two emails that
we've sent you to explain that we're doing this to protect the people who
use that team's Personal Package Archive (PPA).

Right now, "ubuntu-manual" has an open membership policy, meaning anyone
can join the team and upload potentially malicious packages to the PPA.

We strongly recommended that you change your team's membership policy and
then audit the team's membership to make sure that you trust each member.

We also suggested that you could delete the team's PPA and retain the open
membership policy.

As ubuntu-manual still has an open membership policy and a PPA, we must
change the team's membership policy on your behalf.

You can still change the team's membership policy here:

 https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-**manual/+edit<https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-manual/+edit>

These changes won't have any affect on the team's current members, so you
should still audit the team's membership.

There's more about Launchpad's team membership policies here:

 https://help.launchpad.net/**Teams/CreatingAndRunning<https://help.launchpad.net/Teams/CreatingAndRunning>

Email feedback@xxxxxxxxxxxxx if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Steve Kowalik