Re: Apologies

On 18 May 2012 21:15, Kev Quirk <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Tony,
>
> It's because the email comes from a person to the mailing list. So when u
> hit reply, it replies to the person not the mailing list. Hope this helps
> :)
>
> Kev
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kev Quirk
> mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sent using HTC Android
> On May 18, 2012 6:59 PM, "Tony Pursell" <ajp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Apologies to anyone that I have replied to as an individual.
>>
>> Does anyone know why replies on this list default to the sender and not
>> the list?  I am using Gmail.
>>
>> Tony

In the Gmail web client. if I just Reply to this it will go to Kev Quirk.
Reply to All also goes to Kev, with CC to the List.

Just using the default Reply option on other mailing lists I am on
(ubuntu-uk and the Document Foundation's discuss list) replied to the List.

So it is not just what Gmail is doing.  It has something to do with the
mail I am replying to as well.

On this list, if I want to just Reply to the List, I have to remember to
remove the sender's email address from the To box and manually enter the
List email address.

A problem with Gmail is that you do not get feedback that you have replied
to the list, i.e you do get the reply you sent in the 'conversation' in the
Web client but it doesn't appear in Evolution's IMAP inbox.  So unless I
examine my replies closely, I may not notice that it just went to the
sender and not to the List.

Tony