Re: Fwd: Re: Authors/editors chapter 2

I just finished some sizable edits to the Desktop chapter--starting at The
Dash and going all the way down to just before the Nautilus section.

I'll do my best to complete the grammatical edits from the Nautilus section
to the end of the chapter by tomorrow evening.

One thing that's going to take me a bit of getting used to is knowing when
words get the application tag, or the menu tag, or any other tag.
 Specifically, the use of the term "the Dash" and "Launcher"...the tags are
inconsistent right now.  I think once I redo the make file, I'll see the
results and probably understand what needs to be done, but any advice,
recommendations, links, etc. for this newbie is of course much appreciated.

I'm also going to need to install 11.10 on a virtual machine before I can
offer screenshots in the Desktop chapter...I'm running 12.04.

Finally, because there were so many changes, I did not "document" them as
well as needed (or probably as expected/required by the group).  There were
a couple of points where Hannie had made  recommendations to review the
section...or paragraph...or sentence. I reviewed it, fixed it, and deleted
the comment. Other than that, very few comments were inserted as to what
changed.  I figure if someone really wants to see the changes, then 'bzr
diff' ! :)

Feedback is, of course, appreciated, especially early on in this process
for me.

Thank you for this opportunity. Those of you who are edition know it's hard
work...it'll get easier with time, but I'm very thankful to have the
opportunity to contribute back to the community in appreciation for what
I've received over the years of being an Ubuntu enthusiast.