Re: Introduction

Hello Paddy,
Yes, you have come to the right place, and thank you for your offer to help with the proof-reading. For a start, I want to assign you to the chapter "Prologue". I will send you the file prologue.tex in a separate email, together with the current file "ubuntu-manual.pdf" where you can see the results so far. You can open the .tex file in any text editor (I use gedit), make corrections if necessary and then send the file back to me. I use a diff tool, Meld, to check what changes you have made. If you want to add comment to the file, please begin with %. If you have any questions, please send them to this list or to me. You can also ask questions on irc, freenode #ubuntu-manual.
Regards,
Hannie