Re: Sections for latex conversion

Hello John,
I will do the section Appearance from chapter 2, the Ubuntu Desktop. Can you send me the LibreOffice file?
Greets,
Hannie

Op 31-05-12 23:02, c7p schreef:

2012/5/21 John <c7p.admin@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:c7p.admin@xxxxxxxxx>>

    Hello all,

    Kev finished his section i.e the Getting Online and the Browsing
    the Web. These section are in LibreOffice form, in other words in
    odt format, and we need someone to add the latex mark up code and
    push them on the branch, or at least to add the mark up. The
    screenshots are available too !

    Let me know if you are interested !

    -John

Hello ! We've got many sections in LibreOfiice format that need to be converted to tex format.
Here are the sections:

From Desktop chapter
*Appearance section (after Nautilus till end of chapter)

From Working with Ubuntu chapter

*Viewing and Editing Photos
*Browsing the web
*Getting Online
*Burning CDs and DVDs & Working with LibreOffice

Most of these sections have little or none changes from oneiric version, (ie the current tex files of the sections). These sections have to be converted to latex first, *then* the proofreading can be start on those. For me it's crucial to have them translated ASAP in order to stay in the schedule (proofreading, finishing touches) in other words we go steadily and smoothly towards to the release of the manual in July, without delays and if it's possible before the deadline.

Let me know via e-mail for which sections you are interested.

Thank you for your time and energy !

--John