Indexing the manual

Hello, everyone.

I've added a chapter to the style guide on indexing the manual.

The new chapter briefly discusses what should and shouldn't be index
and also introduces the LaTeX \index command.  It's just a first draft
and I expect I'll be adding more content to that chapter as we start
indexing.

So, if you'd like to help us index the manual, download a copy of the
style guide from <http://files.ubuntu-manual.org/style-guide.pdf> and
read through the indexing chapter.  Then shoot me an email and I'll
assign you a chapter to index.  Once you've finished your chapter, if
you'd like to do me, let me know and I'll assign another chapter to
you.  I'd like everyone to stick to their assigned chapters so that we
don't have a bunch of merge conflicts.

We need to complete all the indexing this week as we'll be posting a
public draft of the manual on 22 June.

Once the index has been created, I'll edit the index to tidy things up
a bit (i.e., combine similar entries, fix spelling errors, etc.).

As you work on indexing the manual, please contact me with any
questions and let me know of any problems that arise.

Thanks to everyone for all their (continued) hard work!  We're almost
finished with Getting Started with Ubuntu 12.04!

--Kevin

Follow ups