Re: Reflection and review

On 02/07/12 12:37, Philip Stubbs wrote:
> > Ok, I was intending to get involved. However, I did not like having
> to use TeX Live from outside of the repositories. It seems to me that
> it would be easier to be involved if the software requirements can be
> satisfied with what is available to a standard install.

Philip, speaking from my own personal experience only:

I also do not like to install items from outside the repositories.
However, sometimes I need to, and then I do so only when I trust the
source (e.g. GIMP and Audacity for the latest versions, and TrueCrypt,
which is not on the standard repositories). These all have their own
repositories.

In this case, the source is trustworthy, so I went ahead and followed
the (easy) instructions. As promised, it really did not interfere with
anything else, even though it was not a repository-installation.

I really would appreciate it being distributed as a .deb, however.

Paddy