Reflection and review

Hello, everyone.

I intend for this message to start a mailing list thread and
discussion to review how things worked (and didn't work) during the
process of creating Getting Started with Ubuntu 12.04.  This is a
general discussion thread, but I'll include some questions to get
things started. You're welcome to answer any, all, or none of the
questions as they apply and to speak generally about any other topics
that come to mind.

Thanks!

What did you think of the process overall?

Was this your first time contributing to the manual project?  If so,
how did you hear about the project?  Why did you decide to get
involved?  Did you have trouble getting started with the project?
Were the other team members helpful enough?

If you decided not to get involved in the manual project for this
cycle, why not?  What could we change that would increase the
likelihood of you getting involved in the project?

How did you like your role (author, editor, translator, etc.) in this
cycle?  Do you think you'd like to take on that same role again?
Would you like to try a different role in the future?

Did you find it difficult to use any of the tools for our project
(e.g., bzr, LaTeX)?

What did you think of the release schedule?  Did it take too long to
release the manual?  Did you feel rushed in your work? Did you have
enough time to do everything you wanted to do?

How well did the other team members communicate with you? Did you know
what you were expected to do at each step of the process?  Were you
ever lost or confused about what you could work on?

Did you feel that you had sufficient knowledge and skills to do the
work that was requested of you?  Do you think that training or
teaching by other team members would help?

What do you think the team should do to improve the process for 12.10?

--Kevin Godby

Follow ups