Re: User name in screenshots

On 08/04/2012 11:03 AM, Carsten Gerlach wrote:

in our style guide is written, that the screenshots should be captured
in an account with full user name "Ubuntu User", but most of the
pictures in precise have the user name "Ubuntu". Ok, one picture has
"Ubuntu User", it's 4.1, the Bluetooth menu (was captured by me ;-) ).

"Ubuntu" is a bad example name, as it doesn't make clear what it is. "Ubuntu user" is much better, though maybe one should even go so far to make it "Username".

a) Change the style guide to the reality and recapture only one picture.

or

b) Recapture a lot of pictures and keep the style guide?

In how many places does the username appear? If it's mainly just the menu, a batch paste job could fix most images.

Luckily, this will be less of an issue in 12.10, then:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-12-10-Gets-Revamped-Session-Menu-280884.shtml

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: