Problem installing additional Latex packages

Hello

I have recently started as a author for the upcoming manual and will
be writing the 'Viewing and Editing Photos' section. Following the
guidelines on the 'Getting Started as an Author or Editor' page
(http://ubuntu-manual.org/getinvolved/authors), I installed the 2012
version of TexLive. The installation was complete and a 'texlive'
folder of size 3.2GB has been created at the following location:-

/usr/local/

But when I execute the command -

sudo bash install-packages.sh

I get an error saying

"Checking TeX Live version...No version of TeX Live was detected."

If I try executing the 'make' command, I get the following error:-

"basename: extra operand `frontmatter'
Try `basename --help' for more information.
bzr version-info --custom --template="\\\revinfo{{revno}}{{date}}" >
revision.tex
xelatex --output-driver="xdvipdfmx -V 5" ubuntu-manual
/bin/bash: xelatex: command not found
make: *** [ubuntu-manual.pdf] Error 127"

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Tejas

Follow ups