Re: Meeting new authors and editors

I tried connecting through webchat in Konqueror the other day, and it
wouldn't work at all. Personally, I prefer to use Quassel (or X-Chat),
and configure a nickname.  If you want to do that, you'll configure
networks, and choose Freenode.  The servers are chat.freenode.net (port
6665) and chat.freenode.net (port 7000).  After you've connected, you
can type /msg NickServ HELP REGISTER and it will tell you how to
register a nickname. IIRC, it's /msg NickServ REGISTER nickname password
email-address (they send you a verification link to the email address).

>From then on, you can use your nickname when you log in. Also, if you
have a nickname that you registered via webchat, you can use /msg
NickServ IDENTIFY password to log in with it (you'll want to configure
Quassel to use it though).

Have a great day:)
Patrick.