Re: Is it ok to include local help sources

Hello, Andrej.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM, Andrej Znidarsic
<andrej.znidarsic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In Slovenian translation team we are nearly at 100% translation now and have
> started reviewing and screenshot capturing process.

Congratulations!

> During inital review phase we were discussing it would be quite useful if
> users were pointed to some support resources in Slovenian language (given
> the fact they are reading Slovenian version their English skills might not
> be sufficient).
>
> I was wondering what is the Ubuntu Manual team's position on this. Is it OK
> if we include a few Slovenian resources (slovenian forums and IRC chaneel)
> in our translations in addition to default English ones?

Absolutely!  The translated manuals should stand on their own and be
the written with your readers in mind.  Instead of pointing your
readers to the English web pages, feel free to substitute Slovenian
web pages in their place. You don't need to mention the English ones
at all if they're not helpful to your readers.

Thanks for all of the hard work that you and your team have done!

--Kevin Godby