First draft due today

Hello, everyone.

FIRST DRAFT DEADLINE TODAY

As of today, the authoring phase for Getting Started with Ubuntu 12.10
should be complete.  This means that all of the manual's content
should now be up-to-date with Ubuntu 12.10 and draft screenshots are
in place.

So far, however, there has been very little activity in submitting
code to the bzr repository.  To date, there have been only 34 commits
by the following people:

    Andrew Montag
    Carsten Gerlach
    Hannie Lafeber-Dumoleyn
    Herat Gandhi
    Kevin Godby
    Mike Romard
    Vibhav Pant

If you're an author for the 12.10 edition and you don't see your name
in this list, then you're a bit behind schedule!  To get caught up,
you need to review your assigned chapter or sections and update them
to reflect any changes that were made in Ubuntu 12.10.  Retake any
screenshots that appear in your section so that our screenshot editors
know which screenshots they need to take for the final draft.

STATUS REPORTS FROM AUTHORS

If you don't think you will be able to cover your assigned chapters or
sections, please email the mailing list immediately so we can find
another author to take over your sections or give you some help.

If you haven't yet committed any changes for the 12.10 manual, write
to the mailing list to let us know if you've reviewed your section and
found that no changes were needed or if you're going to make the
changes soon.

EDITED DRAFT DUE OCTOBER 1

Our next milestone is October 1 when the editors should be finished
editing and proofreading their assigned chapters.

QUANTAL MANUAL SCHEDULE

The remaining deadlines for our manual are as follows:

Editing phase (17 Sep – 1 Oct):
* Editors copy-edit and proofread the content
* Second draft is released at the end of this phase

Indexing phase (1 Oct – 8 Oct):
* Final screenshots are put in place
* The manual is indexed
* Glossary entries are edited and linked
* Public draft is released at the end of this phase

Public comments phase (8 Oct – 15 Oct):
* Comments and edits from the public are received and incorporated
into the manual
* Final draft is released at the end of this phase

Release phase (15 Oct – 18 Oct):
* The manual is prepared for release
* The manual is released at the end of this phase

Again, if you don't think that you will be able to do the work that's
been assigned to you, let us know as soon as possible so that we can
find some more volunteers to help out.

Thanks!

—Kevin Godby

Follow ups