Re: 12.10 Ubuntu Desktop edits done

Sure...

pg 23:
e first icon at the top of the Launcher is the Dash, a major innovation and core element
of Unity—we will explore the Dash in a later section of this chapter.

pg 25:
Dash can help you find the names of files or folders.

pg 55:
Alternatively, you can click the Ubuntu buon in the top le corner of the screen at the top of the
Launcher to bring up Dash and type thunderbird into the search box.

pg 66:
To start Shotwell, click on Dash near the top-le of the screen, then select the Shotwell icon labeled View Photos. If you do not see Shotwell, simply type Shotwell in the search bar at the top of Dash, and you will see the Shotwell application soon appear.

It seems that the inconsistencies only appear in the chapter's I've edited--I know...ironic (as fate/luck would have it, these are the only chapters where the Dash is discussed). So, MY preference is to say "the Dash" if everyone is good with that. I'll be happy to make the edits in Chapter 2 and 3 to whatever we agree to.

Then...my tummy will feel better. :)

--Jim

On , Kevin Godby <godbyk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, Jim.

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 4:25 PM, jimandmarcy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As a sidenote, I still don't have a good feeling in my tummy with the

> phraseology we are using to identify the Dash. Sometimes, we are using the

> article "the" in front of Dash...other times, not. I can argue both sides of

> this equation and arrive at no conclusion, however, I think we should be

> consistent...either consistently one way, or consistently the other.

Can you point me to a couple examples of this?

Thanks!

--Kevin

Follow ups