Information about the Raring Release schedule

Hi everyone,

I mentioned this in a private email thread, and it was suggested that we
post it to the entire mailing list. Muktware has an article up that says
that Ubuntu is dropping their Alpha Releases, and promising more stable
development.  One thing mentioned in the article is that they plan to
release one Beta for Raring.

Here is a link to the article
http://www.muktware.com/4722/ubuntu-drop-alpha-releases-promises-more-stable-development

I'm not sure how this will affect the project's milestones. According to
the article (and the blog referenced in it), the freezes will be moved
back a few weeks, to allow for development and testing to continue
unencumbered.

Here's a link to the blog post that originally discusses this.
http://www.theorangenotebook.com/2012/10/uds-r-rise-of-the-quality-machines.html

One thing that may come from this is, we'll have a shorter period of
time to make any changes to the chapters (as we won't have Alpha's to
compare to 12.10). But, that will depend on when they release the Beta
(earlier or later in the schedule). We may have to use the daily iso
builds, if we want an early look.

Have a great weekend.:)
Patrick.