Re: Raring series authors and openings

I confirm that I will take care of Prologue, Nautilus and Appearance.
I have downloaded Raring alpha from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/ and installed it in Virtual Box.
Regards,
Hannie

Op 28-02-13 09:55, c7p schreef:
Hello all,

it's time to announce the openings that we have in author team!
Before that i would be good forexisting authorsto assure(by reply to this message) that everything is ok on spreadsheet [1] <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApS28NMLnYJXdGd1LVl5X2hvNkg2SEZiVzZ2RnYtWHc#gid=0>
For your convenience i post here the sections/chapter by author name

[C] for chapter, [s] for section

Hannie               *Prologue [C], *Nautilus [s], *Appearance [s]
Mario Burgos    *Installation chapter, *Ubuntu One [s]
John Cave *Ubuntu Desktop environment[s], *The Dash/Search Bar/browsing files [s]
Sayantan Das  *HUD [s], *Hardware and Preferences [C]
Vibhav Pant      *The Launcher [s], *Using Software center [s]
Joel Pickett * Listening to Music [s], *Other sources[s]
Mike Romard    *Getting Online [s]
Patrick Dickey *Advanced Topics [C]

Don't forget to send me a replythis information is valid !

--
*Now for the openings*, the are available chapters/section are:

From the "The Ubuntu Desktop" chapter the:
* The Dash/Search Bar/browsing filessection

From the "Working with Ubuntu" chapter the sections:
*Viewing and Editing Photos
*Reading and composing mail
*Browsing the web
*Microblogging
*Burning CDs and DVDs
*Working with LibreOffice

The "Troublshooting" chapter

The "Learning more" chapter

For the last 2 chapters, we can split them into sections if contributors can'tmanage the whole chapterone their own.

So these are the openings. Let me know if you are interested in anysection:) I think by the timethe jobs/openings page is updated, you can start sharing via social media, blogs etc. the call for new authors.
http://ubuntu-manual.org/jobs

@Kevin: Could you update the jobs page with the above info ?

[1] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApS28NMLnYJXdGd1LVl5X2hvNkg2SEZiVzZ2RnYtWHc#gid=0

Thank you for your time all ! Let's get rolling !

--John