Authors deadline approaching - 25 March

Hello, everyone.

Our first milestone deadline is approaching. On 25 March, the authors
should be finished with their work so that editing can begin.

As usually, Ubuntu has some last-minute feature freeze exceptions that
will be landing late (for example,
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1154229>).

If you don't think you'll be able to meet the 25 March deadline,
please let us know. It's not the end of the world, but we'll need to
know if we need to assign additional authors to that chapter/section,
if you just need a bit of extra time to finish it up, or if you're
waiting on a feature freeze exception (FFE) or user interface freeze
exception (UIFE).

As it stands now, the release schedule for Getting Started with Ubuntu
13.04 looks like this:

Authoring phase (now – 25 Mar)
Editing phase (25 Mar – 8 Apr)
Indexing phase (8 Apr – 15 Apr)
Public comments phase (15 Apr – 22 Apr)
Release phase (22 Apr – 25 Apr)

The manual is scheduled to be published 25 April.

As always, if you have any questions, concerns, or problems, please
don't hesitate to contact the Ubuntu Manual mailing list.

Thanks so much for all your hard work!

—Kevin Godby

Follow ups