Re: Suggestion on Files nomenclature...

Perhaps "file manager" would be a better word, because Files is more than a file browser.
Hannie

Op 29-03-13 18:18, Jim Connett schreef:
I've just completed editing the _Advanced Topics_ and _Burning CD/DVD_ sections of the manual. Now that the /Nautilus/ name is no longer being used, I'd like to recommend we standardize the way we refer to /Files/. To me, /Nautilus/ seemed to be more like an application, so it was acceptable to say /Nautilus application/...or just /Nautilus/...and the meaning was clear. The title /Files/ has a number of meanings, and I don't see /Files/ as an application per se, but more of a utility.

So, in my two sections edited thus far, I've referred to /Files/ as /Files file browser/.

Would it be beneficial to the user/reader for us to arrive at a common convention (similar to what we had to do with the /Dash/ a few iterations ago)? If so, does /Files file browser /work?

I'm presenting this suggestion in the hopes of a quick resolution before I edit the more dense _The Ubuntu Desktop_ chapter.

--Jim