Re: Issues with edits

Hi Jim,
I am sorry to hear you had such a struggle with bzr. Perhaps I can give you one tip that might be useful and that works for me. Before I make changes to a tex file I copy the original one to another folder, e.g. /manual-raring. I make changes to /manual-raring/name-of-chapter.tex, and when finished I copy it to /Projects/raring, rename it, test it and when successful I commit. this is for me the safest way to prevent loss of changes I made.

To what edits do you refer when you say: "...and am concerned about some of the edits I now see (edits I did not do)."?

There is no \icon tag, as far as I know.

The latest version I see is version 100. I guess with "version 101 is in bzr" you mean that it is on your pc, but not in Launchpad yet because you cannot push. You can just push it when you are back on your main system again.

Finally, take your time. No problem if you need time until the end of this week. The Ubuntu-desktop chapter is one of the most difficult chapters to edit. We very much appreciate the work you do (not only on this chapter) and hope you are not too much put off by the problems you encountered. Be assured that your team mates are here to help.

Best regards,
Hannie