question about quotation marks

Op 11-04-13 00:25, David Manuel Pires schreef:

I have a quick question concerning the use of backticks and single quotes.
So my question on what situations are the use of backtips and single quotes required, what's the requisite?

Hi David,
Good question, when to use quotation marks. I am forwarding this question to the list. Here is a quote from http://www.englishclub.com/writing/punctuation-quotation-marks.htm

We use quotation marks to show (or mark) the beginning and end of a word or phrase that is somehow special or comes from outside the text that we are writing. Quotation marks can be double ("...") or single ('...') - that is really a matter of style (but see below for more about this).

Quotation marks are also called "quotes" or "inverted commas".

About the Latex markup I quote the following from our style guide:
otation marks otation marks in LATEX are entered as `` and '', not as
". Single quotation marks are entered as ` and '. otation marks for other
languages are entered as their Unicode characters.
Hannie