Re: Saucy Salamander

Hi Craig and everyone,

When it gets closer to the time, Kevin, John, or Hannie will send out a
schedule of milestones. Typically the writing phase ends around Feature
Freeze, and the editing phase ends about a week or so before the release
date (which we're shooting to coincide with the actual release of the
version we're covering).

What you can do is look at the spreadsheet in some of the previous
emails, and see which areas are typically not covered. When the call
comes for Authors (which is around the time the Alpha is released or
right before the beta is released for sure), pick the section(s) that
you're interested in. If you've got an idea for the sections already,
you can start looking at them (and maybe writing them) as soon as the
Alpha is released--but you should know that things can/will change all
the way up to, and beyond, feature freeze.

Hope this gives you some ideas, and as always I'd say wait for Kevin,
John, or Hannie to reply for sure. They're the ones in charge, so their
guidance is what you'll want to follow.

Have a great day.:)
Patrick.