Re: Congrats and thanks

Hannie, Kevin, et. al,

Thank you for your detailed replies. One never knows the response to expect
with a "laundry list" as I presented. I'm encouraged that most roadblocks
mentioned are not surprises, but well-known, and actively being addressed.

I also want to add my thanks to Cartsen and Sylvie for the work they did
with the screenshots. My suggestion for a team of "screenshotters" was
ill-advised as Carsten and Sylvie were that team. The genesis of my
question involved the communication of who would be responsible for
screenshots during the Raring iteration. I'm sure I missed a communique to
this regard, which explains my cries for help directly to Carsten as the
editing phase concluded.

I feel we have a great team of authors, editors, and coordinators that
works in concert with each iteration. The minor changes I've suggested will
only make the process more smooth...as well as selfishly satisfy my OCD
tendencies to have everything in order! There, I said it! :)

I agree with Kevin in that we don't know why we lack authors/editors, or,
as you've suggested Hannie, why some authors would sign up, then drop out
at the last moment. There has to be some way to get a general idea of why
people are averse to helping with this project.  I think it's imperative
for those of us with blogs to start talking this up now for the Saucy
release--I just (finally) started a blog a few weeks ago, and I'm sure I'll
be writing on this topic soon. In writing these blogs (and getting
feedback) maybe we can not only increase our ranks, but also better
understand the roadblocks.

When offering my perspective, I was not presenting a view void of a desire
to be a part of a solution. If there is anything I can do to complement
communication, coordinate, whatever, please let me know, and I'll be happy
to add my abilities to the mix.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this awesome team. I look forward
to working on the next iteration.

--Jim