Re: Upstream vs packaged texlive

I suppose that the advantage of the packaged version is that it gets
updated (if there is an updated version) at least every time you update to
a new Ubuntu version and possibly in between Ubuntu versions.  I installed
texlive for the precise manual, using the instructions on the website, and
I have no idea how to update it, if it does needs updating.