Re: Quickshot 2.0 - Creating a PPA

Also I know that the .NET projects have issues with open source licenses
(that are not "MPL compatible"). I'm not sure whether Mono/C# has those
issues or not. It's more to do with Microsoft allowing (or not allowing)
their libraries to be used in Open Source licensed applications (read as
GPL).

And while I don't see anyone objecting, you might run into people who
have philosophical differences with using Mono because of it's ties
to .NET and Microsoft.

IIRC, the main thing that needs to happen is for Quickly to be updated
to 13.10. Then hopefully the Quickshot script will work.

Basically what happened when you installed Quickshot is this: it created
a user named QuickShot on your computer and configured the screen
resolution and display to the requirements for the Ubuntu Manual. When
you were ready to do screenshots, you logged in as QuickShot, and ran
the application. It would poll launchpad to find out what screenshots
were needed, and present you with the list. And it would help you to
take and upload those screenshots.

That's based on my vague memory from using it in either 10.04 or 10.10,
years ago.

Have a great day.:)
Patrick.