Re: Upstream vs packaged texlive

Well the nice thing about all of this is, if you create the script for
the lubuntu manual, and the packaged version of texlive works for
compiling the ubuntu-manual, then it would be minor changes to make your
script work for ubuntu as well.

I have a script (if you search the archives) that runs through the
entire process also. The only things you have to do are download the
tex-live installer from their site and set up your SSH key and account
on launchpad.  If you want, I can send you the most recent version of
it, and you can tweak it to your needs also. The theory behind this is
that it might just be a case of changing the tex-live installation
portion of my script to meet your needs.

Of course on the flip side of that coin, your script might work better
than mine (even for people installing the upstream version). So, I'd be
interested in seeing your script as well.

In the interest of full disclosure, I do my writing for the Ubuntu
Manual on a Lubuntu desktop, and create my screenshots or whatever on my
laptop--which runs whatever version of ubuntu we're writing for. So, I
can tell you that the instructions on the site do work for Lubuntu users
as well as Ubuntu users.

Have a great day, and sorry for the long-winded reply. :)
Patrick.