Re: Serious downtime

Hi Mehmet,

 Sorry to hear about your computer problems, but glad to know everything is
settled. You should have no problems running Ubuntu on HP Compaq 2934
because if it can run W8, then it can run Ubuntu.

*W8 and Ubuntu system requirements compared:*
*
*
Windows 8 Requirements:
*
*

   -

   Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and
   SSE2 (more info)<http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-is-pae-nx-sse2>
   -

   RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
   -

   Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
   -

   Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver

   Ubuntu Desktop Requirements:

    - 700 MHz processor (about Intel Celeron or better)
      - 512 MiB RAM (system memory)
      - 5 GB of hard-drive space (or USB stick, memory card or external
      drive but see LiveCD for an alternative approach)
      - VGA capable of 1024x768 screen resolution
      - Either a CD/DVD drive or a USB port for the installer media
      -

      Internet access<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Synaptic/PackageDownloadScript>
is
      helpful