Ubuntu forum area ** Really Important **

Hi,

well what can I say?

Sorry if you get this more than once... but as the key phrase is:

   - Unfortunately the attackers have gotten every user's local username,
   password, and email address from the Ubuntu Forums database.

I have sent it to all the mailing lists I know of, please do pass it on to
others.

Regards,

Phill.
Ubuntu Forums is down for maintenance

There has been a security breach on the Ubuntu Forums. The Canonical IS
team is working hard as we speak to restore normal operations. This page
will be updated regularly with progress reports.
What we know

   - Ubuntu Forums is down for maintenance

   There has been a security breach on the Ubuntu Forums. The Canonical IS
   team is working hard as we speak to restore normal operations. This page
   will be updated regularly with progress reports.
   What we know
      - Unfortunately the attackers have gotten every user's local
      username, password, and email address from the Ubuntu Forums database.
      - The passwords are not stored in plain text. However, if you were
      using the same password as your Ubuntu Forums one on another
service (such
      as email), you are *strongly* encouraged to change the password on
      the other service ASAP.
      - Ubuntu One, Launchpad and other Ubuntu/Canonical services are *NOT
      affected* by the breach.

   Progress report
   - 2013-07-20 2011UTC: Reports of defacement
      - 2013-07-20 2015UTC: Site taken down, this splash page put in place
      while investigation continues.
   If you're using Ubuntu and need technical support please see the
   following page for support:

   - Finding Help<http://community.ubuntu.com/help-information/finding-help/support>
      .

   If you're looking for a place to discuss Ubuntu, in the meantime we
   encourage you to check out these sites:

   - The Ubuntu subreddit <http://reddit.com/r/ubuntu>
      - The Ubuntu Community on
Google+<https://plus.google.com/communities/107299007624972266094>