Re: Fwd: (Ubuntu-Manual) Advanced Topic Chapter

Hey David...first, thanks for getting started on the editing so early (and
thanks to Thomas for informing you he was done). THIS is the EXACT culture
we wish to promote between authors and editors!

To your question, I think the inclusion of common shortcut key sequences
are perfectly permissible...not only in the Advanced Topics chapter, but
throughout the Ubuntu manual. In light of the fact that this is a *beginner's
manual*, I would also encourage our focus and effort toward the inclusion
of only common, more widely-used keystroke shortcuts--a terminal pop up
windows certainly falls into these category.

Additionally, since this is an Ubuntu manual, I would not worry too much
about mentioning (or clarifying) the discontinuity you see in--for
example--shortcut keys to open a terminal window in Ubuntu vs shortcut keys
for the same result in Kubuntu. As authors and editors of the Ubuntu Manual
Project, our primary focus should be to educate and inform the new user
about the Ubuntu version of Canonical's OS.

That's my two cents. Others?
--Jim