Re: No version number

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 1:47 AM, Hannie Dumoleyn
<lafeber-dumoleyn2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To all authors and editors,
> I would suggest NOT to add the version number if it is not absolutely
> necessary. An example:
> The Ubuntu 13.10 Launcher on the left with a sample of applications on it.
> I would prefer this:
> The Ubuntu Launcher on the left with a sample of applications on it.
> It is quite obvious that we are talking about the 13.10 Launcher in Saucy.
> The advantage is that we do not need to make changes in this sentence in
> the future.
> What do you think?

I agree.  Unless you need to distinguish something that's specific to
13.10, you shouldn't need to mention the version number.  Also, the
manual is aimed at newer users and not those who have been using
Ubuntu for years. So even if a feature is relatively new, you don't
need to introduce it as being new. As far as readers of the 13.10
manual are concerned (as they're using Ubuntu 13.10) the feature
exists; it doesn't matter when it was introduced.

—Kevin