Re: No version number

I, too, agree the manual is written for the "newer" user. We target the
"new" users as a majority while recognizing we attract users who may have
played around with the previous version(s) and really want to dig into the
current version.

Where applicable, I completely support omitting the rev number from the
body of the manual, but if some peripheral distinction is deemed necessary
by the author of a given section, then I would advocate a very limited use
of the \marginnote tag for this information--and ONLY when an explanation
of the progress/advancement from a previous rev to the current rev enhances
the users' understanding of the content and/or concept.