Re: Advanced Topics Chapter (Last-Minute Update)

Hi Thomas.

On 16 September 2013 22:53, Sylvie Gallet <sylvie.gallet@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Hi!
>>
>> Just reviewed it and found an old typo (fixed in rev 91)
>>
>>         - Sylvie
>>
>>  Hello David and Sylvie!
>>>
>>>      I just thought I should let you know that I have made a few last
>>> minute changes to the Advanced Topics Chapter. :)
>>>
>>>      Also, just in case I may have missed a version number in the
>>> chapter, the current Wine versions are:
>>>
>>>   * Stable - Wine 1.6
>>>   * Development - Wine 1.7.2
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Thomas Corwin

Following your email, I'm reviewing the advanced-topics section and there's
something I think isn't quite right that I would like to ask you.

In the Managing users subs-section you have a paragraph, under a \warning
tag focusing on the Ubuntu password policies and the last sentence of that
paragraph doesn't make much sense, at least for me. Transcribing it:

\warning{... If there are problems with the password, Ubuntu will tell you
what is wrong with the password and will prevent you from entering the same
password into the \menu{Confirm password} field the new password meets the
requirements.}

If I'm getting it right I think you forget the a preposition. So if you
don't have anything against it I'll change it to:

\warning{... If there are problems with the password, Ubuntu will tell you
what is wrong with the password and will prevent you from entering the same
password into the \menu{Confirm password} field *until* the new password
meets the requirements.}

I just wanted to hear from you before I commit it.

Regards,
David

Follow ups