Re: One set of documentation needs to go

Hi good people,

I'd like to apologise for my phrasing in my earlier email re "Get your acts
together".

It is a weakness of mine that I tend to type what I think and then hit send
before taking an hour, or two, out to then re-read and re-write. I'll try
my best to ensure I do this in future.

In my pathetic attempt at defence, the threads and comments following on
have really heartened me and I look forward to really positive things
coming out of the discussions both before and during vUDS so that we can
better inform a person who asks "How can I help with documentation for the
ubuntu project".

14.04 is an LTS, so planning now on how we will pool resources bodes really
well. I've always stated that docs / wiki is a thankless task, but so is
ISO testing. We made ISO testing a lot less of steep learning curve for new
people[1]; I hope we can do the same for docs / wiki.

Holding some classroom sessions is always a good way, as we get advertised
on Ubuntu Weekly News etc.

So, to summarise, shrug off if the odd email of mine gets out before I've
censored it. I've been docs / wiki for a long time and know full well how
important it is!

Regards,

Phill.
P.S. I did actually get a really good guy following this 'job advert'; I
hope it goes some way to explain my very dry sense of humour on such
matters...

*** SITUATION VACANT **
> *Lubuntu are currently looking for a Team Leader to look after the wiki
> area. The hours are long, the pay is zero and you get harassed for any
> errors. Other than that, it's a great way to learn about wiki editing and
> become a member of a very small group at
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-doc-wiki-admins  please reply to:
> phillw@xxxxxxxxxx
> Regards,
> Phill.