Re: Fixed broken compilations of translations

Hi, Jose.

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Jose <joseluis.tirado@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Today I uploaded two revisions (176 and 178) to the saucy branch to fix the
> building of the manual in Spanish. It seems to be working for me but I admit
> I had to guess what the problems were by comparing with the default
> building.
>
> One of the problems were that the convert_translation-credits.sed file was
> missing, so I got the one from the raring branch. Credits look ok to me.

Ah, thanks.

> The other one was that the build process for translation still used xindy
> instead of makeindex, and it failed because um-page-ranges.xdy file was
> missing too.

We do want to use xindy as it provides better support for non-English
languages than makeindex.  I reverted your Makefile changes and added
the missing um-page-ranges.xdy file. Thanks for reporting that.

> Both errors persists in this trusty, so I will open a bug report as a
> remainder, though I know the makefile could change during the trusty cycle.

I'll get this fixed in trusty ASAP so we don't run into the same
problems later. Thanks!

—Kevin