Re: Help with install-pkgs.sh

Hi Allen,

welcome to the Ubuntu Manual Project. It is great that you want to
help. :-) My comments are in line.

Am 22.03.2014 22:28, schrieb Allen Westenbarger:
> I'm trying to get my system configured to help out with the
> project, but I'm running into some issues with the install-pkgs.sh
> script.

First, which Ubuntu version are you using? And which branch did you
check out?

> -- Checking rpsyr.tfm TeX file...not installed! -- Checking
> rpzdr.tfm TeX file...not installed!

I get the same message here under Ubuntu Saucy (13.10). But the
creation of the manual works well. On CTAN I only see in the package
hint, that »pzdr.tfm« was removed. But I’m not sure if a deletion of
the first »r« would be sufficient. I will discuss this with Kevin.

> -- Checking ttf-linux-libertine Ubuntu package...not found. --
> Checking ttf-farsiweb Ubuntu package...not found.
>
> ttf-linux-libertine has been updated to fonts-linuxlibertine and
> ttf-farsiweb is now under fonts-farsiweb.  I've installed both via
> apt-get.

I just updated the install-pkgs.sh script in the saucy branch due to
the »ttf-linux-libertine« issue and some weeks ago due to the
»ttf-farsiweb« issue.

If you are using Saucy, I recommend to use the install-pkgs.sh script
out from the saucy branch. I have not yet tested the script on a
trusty installation, but I will do this soon.

> The make command errors with a font-not-found message, looking for
> "CC Icons"

Well, before you start with the make command, the install-pkgs.sh
script should give you the success message »Done!  You should now be
able to compile the Ubuntu manual!« If these message does not appear,
we have to solve the problems first. :-)

Greetings, Carsten

[1] http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/mdwfonts
[2] http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/psfonts/ly1